The Flying Dishman: the story behind the outdoor daybed
The Flying Dishman is the result of a unique collaboration with Dutch artist Joep van Lieshout. With a circular design, this outdoor daybed offers a unique 360 degrees view and is the ideal place for relaxing. But the luxury lounge island didn’t get its name for no reason. So, what is the story and vision behind the Flying Dishman?
The myth of the Flying Dutchman
The Flying Dishman, designed by Joep van Lieshout, is a round lounge island made of Polyethylene(PE). This material is highly recyclable and the product thus contains 60% post-consumer recycled plastic, making it robust and durable. The remaining 40% is still new plastic. The round design of the seat shell allows for a 360-degree view and accommodates 2 to 3 people to lie down. Enjoy nature and unwind on the Flying Dishman. Comes standard with cushion set in your choice of color: green or orange. The new cushion set consists of a large mattress with a diameter of 165cm and 40mm thickness, two cushions off 70x70cm and a cushion of 100x70cm. The mattress is made of a light beige waterproof outdoor fabric with a filling of HR polyurethane foam. The pillows are also made of a waterproof outdoor fabric and have polyester fiber filling. The mattress and pillows have a zipper so the covers can be removed and washed. As an accessory to the Flying Dishman, we have a waterproof cover available to protect the mattress and pillows. However, it is still strongly recommended that the cushions and mattress, outside the season of use, be stored inside in a dry place.