Eggplant skewers with peanut sauce
- 2 eggplants
- a piece of ginger root of approx. 3 cm
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 125 ml ketjap manis
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- sambal to taste
- 1 tbsp brown
- soft sugar
- 2 tbsp serundeng
- metal skewers
- Pierce the eggplants all around with a fork, place in the Ovendish and cook for about 30 minutes until soft but not limp.
- Allow the eggplant to cool and, in the meantime, prepare the marinade. Finely chop the garlic and ginger, mix with 75 ml ketjap and marinate the eggplant in this for 30 minutes.
- Thread the eggplant cubes onto metal skewers and grill over the fire for about 10 minutes until tender. Use the grill rack of the Outdoor oven for this.
- Meanwhile, make the peanut sauce. In a saucepan, mix the remaining 50 ml ketjap with the peanut butter, caster sugar, 125 ml water and sambal to taste. Heat the sauce on top of the Outdooroven until smooth.
- Remove the eggplant skewers from the grill and serve with serving deng and the peanut sauce.